Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Happy Hanukkah Critter Shaker Tag Attempt 1

It's no secret that I love watching youtube for inspirational videos... in particular stamping videos. ONE of my favorite people to watch is Nichol Magourik and I watched this video recently and have been obsessed with trying to make a shaker tag ever since.

I don't own any lovely dies with stitching around the edge to make my tags, but I do own a silhouette and I had some unusual tag shapes already in my library and I used one of them. I cut out several tags using the Teresa Collins Urban Market papers that were included in my Clique Kits Hanukkah Kit

I sized my tags as large as I dared and cut them out both with the window and some backing shapes without the window. I also cut a few of the exact same shape out of plain white cardstock so that I could reinforce those Teresa Collins papers. I used one of the plain white pieces of the cutout space to stamp my images, I used post-its to mask off my images to build up my scene. I colored in the narwhal and the ice with copic markers, then masked those areas off again and used Chipped Sapphire, Peacock Feathers and Faded Jeans distress inks as my background for the sea and sky. Then I put the shaker card front over the back and sort of inlaid the colored images. Then I put foam tape all round the edges of my stamped shape and cut some clear packaging material for my window, dumped in some glittery snow and a star of David from the Hanukkah kit, then carefully attached my clear window to the front and placed the front of my tag over the back. Wha la--- it was ready and it worked, the stuff shakes around!!
I did feel that the top of the tag was a bit empty so I found my Paper Smooches Kibitzing Icons stamps and put eight candles with flames across the top and I thought it looked pretty good, I did see after I had put my tag together that there was some schmutz on my little narwhal and I also got some stray ink on top of the tag, but I'm begging forgiveness as this is my first attempt. I want to make some more shaker tags, they are CUTE!! LOVE IT! Thanks so much for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Your tag turned out GREAT! And I love that you used what you had to make your shaker tag! Thanks so much for sharing with me!

    ReplyDelete

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)