Monday, July 14, 2014

Birthday Cakes

Sunday was spent playing with my A Midsummer Night's Dream July Kit from Clique Kits. Last month I had determined that the best way to get through my kit was to go ahead and have some photos printed when my kit arrived, but I have been working in my snap album so much with the Summer School class that I never got around to that (this class ROCKS btw.) So I went to my album that is just old photos in divided page protectors and pulled out two different events to scrap. This was the second bunch, but I wanted to feature them first. Erica had shared this sketch from Life. Paper. Scrapbook. and I decided it would be a GREAT sketch to use with these photos.



I made these photos about 6 months after I started scrapbooking, but I had still not gotten to the point where I knew what photos I would want to scrap. I wish I had better photos of the cakes, or the cakes with both kids, but these work and I know what happened. I think they are good enough to use for my story and I slapped the journalling on in several places. I had volunteered to make cakes for their birthday party that year and they were to be a castle and Hello Kitty. I think they turned out fine, I'm not sure I could have done better, but the kids LOVED them! That was all that mattered. If you play along with the sketch, let me know, I think it's a fun one. I used mostly items from my July Clique Kit but added, gray cardstock and I cut those gold foil doilies out of a piece of gold paper from Fancy Pants Designs with my Silhouette. Those gold thickers are from Dear Lizzy and are the font Fox. The black date stickers are also from my stash and are by 7Gypsies. 

8 comments:

  1. Great post Charity!! I love your take on this fab sketch. You and Erica both rocked it :) I love seeing what you create with our Clique Kits! Fab work girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!' So excited you joined me and used this sketch!! Love love love your layout and the photos!' Great cakes!! I love baking but do not do it as often! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from the LPS link up. Adorable take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Thanks for joining us at Life.Paper.Scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute cake. Fabulous take on the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Life Paper Scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Layout!!
    Thanks for joining in the fun at LPS this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos and love the angle of your design! Thanks for joining us at LPS!

    ReplyDelete

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)