Thursday, May 29, 2014

Noted Food Traditions

Since moving to the NOVA area, I have changed some traditions. One of my FAVORITE new things is going out to eat on New Year's Day. I actually did this my last year in Memphis and found it so much more fun than cooking myself. So I have a current favorite BBQ restaurant here and went this January 1st for the second year in a row. I had a couple of snapshots on my phone so I decided to document this new tradition. Formerly I would have cooked some sort of pork product to eat, I decided BBQ was easiest a few years ago, but I used to cook this frozen Corky's BBQ that I would buy in Memphis. I would also cook some sort of potato and some greens and blackeyed peas. I was the only one in the house who would eat the blackeyed peas and I don't know why I didn't think to just go out to eat years ago.


The ruffle is by Glitz Design and I've had it in my stash for a long time. There is one piece of black cardstock used as a layer and the rest of the papers and stickers come from the Basic Grey Highline collection. LOVE these papers.... the colors are AMAZING! The letter stickers are from Ellie's Studio and Jillibean Soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)