Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I celebrated NSD2014, did you?

I did go out to see a production of Threepenny Opera on Saturday in the middle of the afternoon... but after that I got home, logged on to Big Picture Classes and played along with their exciting NSD10K! Seriously you should check out #NSD10K... on instagram... it has been AMAZING! I got 8 layouts (ok some were pocket pages and not much embellishing) but I thought that was FABULOUS for 2 days of scrapping. I'm going to share these pages with you, not all today, but the first two. There were 10 inspiration videos for us to watch (released hourly) so there was tons of encouragement, challenges offered and just a TON of inspiration and advice!

This page was inspired by Stacey Julian's video, she advised us to make a pocket page sans pocket...

Papers here from Basic Grey Capture and 3x4 cards and Diecut Card and Beach letters from Crate Paper, Sticker from Basic Grey Capture line. Grey tiny type stickers from Jillibean Soup.


I have already scrapped some of the photos I have from this beach trip last year, but I had these in the pile of photos that I wanted to scrap and I had a bit more story about the trip to tell. 

Then I watched more videos and then decided I wanted to scrap a vintage photo of my grandmother and told a story that she had told me about her and her sister. I dug out some special hoarded papers and so thanks to Crate Paper and Maggie Holmes I have a LOVELY layout of my Big Mama. I also used a TON of Thickers, I even had to make my own "h" and "e" from those awesome gold MH ones... I am getting really low on the amount of words I can make from my favorite Thickers, guess I need to be stocking up on those.
Other supplies used in this layout are an old piece of sheet music, a strip from an old Prima Printables, Some Dear Lizzy Ruffled Paper cut into strips, Crate Paper Washi, Pier Collection diecuts, Woodgrain Paper from the Pier Collection and a few tiny wooden hearts from a Scrapbook Circle kit. Stickers from My Mind's Eye.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)