Tuesday, December 3, 2013

It's a Wonderful Life Tag

I moved to the Northern Virginia area just over one year ago and I MISS my group of scrappy ladies that I used to get together and crop with. They have been having some swaps that I haven't been participating in, but when they announced a Christmas Tag Swap I went "I WANT IN!" ;)

I had some things that have been in my stash a long time, some glittery papers that I bought when they were on clearance and a jacket I've used before to make a mask, some burlap just hanging out, charms, ribbon, etc...

I used my Tim Holtz Tag die to cut out twelve tags from this old creative imaginations glitter paper, sprayed over with a stencil of dots with Gold Lame' colorshine mist and added ruffles made from misted vintage pattern paper, leaves from burlap and the lining of the velvet jacket that I cut up to make pointsettas out of. I raided my button stash for flower centers.

I used this tutorial to make my pointsettia.





I kept adding things thinking that I needed to add more... they were looking so victorian... I found some cameos in my stash from a few years ago. 




I was agonizing over just that touch of something extra... did I need a stamp or a banner or what... nothing in my stash seemed to fit the bill and I kept wishing I had already taken the Kerri Bradford class that I bought months ago to be able to use the silhouette that my friend had traded to me last year before I moved here (she had upgraded to a cameo and I traded her a comfy chair).

So, I started watching the class videos. And I decided to add a charm and cut out a sentiment and colorize it with Mr. Huey's and Colorshine. This was the end result:

I am SO PROUD of these tags! I hope the ladies in the swap LOVE them as much as I do! They got mailed out as soon as they were dry. (the sentiment says It's a Wonderful Life which is my FAVORITE movie of all time)

Hugs all!




7 comments:

  1. Love you. I am sure I will love the tags. Love everything you scrap. Talk soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I love it! There are three groups. I hope we are in the same group!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tags, and I love the velvet poinsettia! Scrapping Everyday Miracles is having a challenge, and we'd love for you to enter a project or two! http://scrappingeverydaymiracles.blogspot.com/2013/12/christmas-theme-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these flowers! very bold and classy! thanks for joining us over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles! I hope you will join us again for our next challenge in January!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty tag! Thanks for playing at SEM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what beautiful tags! Love the damask background with non-red poinsettias. Thank you for sharing it with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles December Challenge. Hope to see you again on the next month challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful. I love the velvet and burlap mixed together. Thanks for sharing with us at SEM

    ReplyDelete

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)