Thursday, August 8, 2013

Playing with stuff!

I got several new stamp sets from PaperSmooches last week. I am sure you will be seeing them on upcoming projects! BTW they have a free stampset for qualifying orders every month, and a perks program, so check them out!


So sometimes when I have stamps, I just want to see what they look like, um especially if I have new ink I haven't used yet. Like the Neon Pink Hero Arts inkpad I recently picked up at my local Paper Source. I opened up my neon ink and just stamped, playing with some pattern, then just practicing how hard I might need to stamp some images... and to me, that's all in the name of F U N!


This is different from the day I just felt like coloring, I really wanted to play with stamps and ink, check out how many generations I could get with the neon, it does stain but I think it's cute my little superhero is now pink, LOL. The yellow is Lemon Drops by Jenni Bowlin for Ranger dye ink. I'm liking the dyes right now, what can I say? I got an exciting box yesterday full of scrappy goodies from my friend Christine over at Scrapbooking Technique she and I were both having some creative block and so I just packed up a bunch of things that weren't doing it for me and mailed them to her. She did the same right back for me ;)! It was awesome to open a box full of goodies that I didn't have and start drooling. I have a couple of "made" projects that I'll be sharing for the next couple of posts and soon I hope to have something really cool made with some of my surprise box of goodies ;)!

Have you ever just boxed up and sent things that you haven't used and that you liked so much you knew they needed some love?


This little mini is another one of the projects that I submitted to the ClearScraps Design Team call. I made it from a slide frame. Talk about play. First I wanted to see how the Distress Paint would work on the acrylic. It looked ok, but the Mascil edges weren't as clear as I wanted, That's the Distress Paint I used on the ClearScraps heart as well. Then I painted over the back of the slide frame with pink which I was almost out of (Claudine Hellmuth paint that is...) and then a coat of white because like I said, I was running out of pink. I played with my punches to get the cloud and butterfly shapes and then attached them to the frame. I cut down some My Mind's Eye Papers from the Kate and Co. collection to make the pages of the mini. Some of the pages I used that awesome ClearScraps Doily Mascil to add just a little OOMPH to the background! This mini is PERFECTLY sized for wallet sized photos, I just have to decide if I'm going to print up some tiny photos or give it as a gift.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)