Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge Week Ending August 4th!

So this being a long month, the challenge this week is: Anything goes


I have been playing with acrylic lately, ClearScraps Acrylic to be exact. Playing and trying new things. I wanted to see if I could transfer some old book pages to the acrylic using my Art Anthology dimensional Crystals paint. When I tried, here was the result


I think this looks AMAZING! Maybe even better than I was expecting. I took this square (it's the center from one of the Acrylic Slides that ClearScraps has). Then I got busy making a card (there's a birthday coming up...)

I pulled out my stamps and punches and here is what I was inspired to make with my stuff:


I looked at this and decided it just wouldn't do, it needed just a little tiny bit of something... and then I grabbed a pen and added faux stitching. I rarely do this, but I was pressed for time, I needed to leave for work and I so wanted to finish this card. Using up my scraps, I have some Amy Tan from several collections ago along with some Heidi Swapp papers from her first two lines, some Stickyback Canvas from Ranger, Some pearls from Basic Grey and a Stamp from Paper Smooches Word Up stamp set.



I LOVE this simple little card. Thanks so much for looking and now that you've seen just how easy it can be, why don't you go enter the challenge... come on, it's easy!





1 comment:

  1. Oh so pretty! Love those colors - and the fun banner with the sentiment! So glad you played along with us this week at Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)