Tuesday, May 21, 2013

I made it in April

So I've been clearing out my older papers and things in my stash. I got that Sugar Chic Paper Pad and immediately decided I had to USE IT! I hate HATE when I buy pretty things and "save" them. I stopped just buying things that made me gasp over a year ago, and started only buying if I had a project in mind... because my stash was getting unmanageable. I purged a LOT before I moved last November, but when I found out that Scrapbooks Plus was having a yardsale, I took another long hard look at my supplies and tried to be very tough on myself as to what things I would actually use. I filled up two boxes with papers (pads that I've never taken a sheet out of, or pads that I bought with a friend, then split the papers 50/50 and then never used one sheet of in a project), mostly intact 6x6 pads that I made many cards with but no longer felt inspired to use those papers, sticker sheets that I never used, embellishments I've been hoarding or purchased a ton of when they were on sale that I got burnt out using. If I found my stash to shop through at the yardsale, I'd be so excited!!! Whole packages of Maya Road stuff!!!

While going through my stuff, I went through the drawer of premade stuff (like minis and alterable items) and picked out this one that I've been saving for a couple of years and decided it was time to shape up or ship out :)!


I LOVE tis cluster on the "front" of the photo holder (I don't even know what to call this, it's just an accordian mini in a box... guess I do know what to call it.)For a closer look, watch this video:






I was watching my weekly Glitter Girl fix here and it got me to thinking. When I was sorting my photos earlier this year, I stuck all my wedding photos together to scrap one day. Since I'm now widowed, I have a different perspective on these photos... So I'm wondering if any of  you have an opinion on how you'd scrap this stuff. Do you think you'd scrap from a happy memory place, do you think you'd just skip scrapping them and put them in an album?

( I already know what I want to do... I'll surprise you, I just wondered what you'd do.)


1 comment:

  1. This turned out beautifully, Charity. I think a lot of us have that same problem of saving pretty things. I know I do. I'm trying to cut down on my stash too and use what I have. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)