Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Another Card down!

Did I mention that my work peeps think it's the greatest thing since Doughnut Wednesday that I'll make and deliver cards to work for them? I had NO IDEA that people would be so thrilled about this idea. My "scrap" book of scraps is dwindling and I'm getting to try new things and not just have pieces laying around. I found some 4inch copper squares at Joanns last week and since everything else in my cart was on sale, I used my coupon on these. It's Creative Metal by Walnut Hollow. They have other colors as well but the copper was my fav (and the most expensive of course) so that's what I picked. It worked out wonderfully in my Alterations dies. The four inch square was not big enough to get a birdcage out of, but worked great for the bird. I also used the Ornate just the edge die and so here are those cards:
The paper used is Making Memories Vintage Findings I believe the pattern is Wallpaper. Flower from Petaloo (this was in a free gift pack from Archivers for being one of the first 50 shoppers on a big make and take weekend earlier this year.) The Petaloo flower is similar to a Prima in that it does not come sticky...you will NEED GLUE DOTS! (nothing holds them better!) The bird is cut from the copper mentioned earlier. The blue border is not a punch, it's a doodlebug trim from a variety pack. The rick rack is from my stash. The brown paper was a free pack of Bazzill with however many dollar purchase from Archiver's. My Vintage Findings and Doodlebug goodies came from my lss Eclectica who I LOVE!!! And the Birdcage die came from the Paula Dean of Scrapbooking herself...Sudie Alexander from Unkit.





The polka dot paper is the "b" side of the Wallpaper from Vintage Findings collection. The Mother Stamp is from 7 gypsies. The ribbon is unlabeled but may be from the Vintage Findings collection as well (I just ordered two yards to be cut at my lss but I know there was a familiar label on it.) I did actually tie the ribbon all the way around the card and the knot is secured with Mini Glue Dots to keep it secure...love my Glue Dots! The cuts are both edges from the Ornate just the edge die...oh and the brown paper is Bazzill (also from a free gift pack from Archivers). I did use my Tim Holtz texture hammer (the little lines end) to give the copper some texture and I actually did this LIVE on VOKLE while at the UnKit Book Nook show this past Monday. If you don't normally watch UnKit on Mondays, you should it's too much fun!!!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards. I love the brown and blue combo. I've never used glue dots before so I'll have to try them for embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charity,

    I love the cards with the copper. Great combo with the Alterations dies (birdcage also one of my favs). Your work is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love the caged bird die! Sweet card with the copper touch- a very creative idea... cant wait to see what you share next

    ReplyDelete

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)