Thursday, December 10, 2009

I've been creating...

Ok, so remember when I said my goal was to get my Christmas cards ready before Thanksgiving?
Even if you don't, I got most all of them ready, except I was a couple short. I used some shimmerz...LOVE THEM and glimmermist in Candy Cane, Graphite and Marshmallow. There are two photos of the envie here ...trying to show you the shine.


So this photo is darker, but maybe you can tell it's shiny here. I really pared down my list this year and I have mostly just mailed to family...have a few friends left to go.


And here's the card!! I've been trying so hard to improve my card making skills. Thanks to Kristina Werner (click her name to go to her blog). I've become a faithful follower...via youtube. She makes cardmaking look so simple and fantastic!! Not to mention she introduced me to the Corner Chomper (link goes to my fav lss...they carry the Corner Chomper by We R Memory Keepers)!
Do you believe this is Halloween Paper? It is...American Crafts Halloween. The backside of the polka dots is orange LOL got this on sale (of course) after Halloween. The ribbon is by Making Memories...Paperie Collection. The Fluer (they didn't all get a fluer, some got crosses and some got doves) came as black, blue, an gray foam. They are by American Crafts and I got a little tube of them last year at Big Lots. I have LOVED the shapes but didn't use very many until now. There is also a label shape. I painted the foam with gray acrylic paint as a primer (gray worked better than black or white...go fig) and then used Shimmerz for the color! I used an almost dry brush dipped in shimmerz to highlight around the polkadot area too. The card is distressed with a little Vintage Photo Distress Ink and the sentiment is from a holiday collection by Hero Arts and stamped in Fired Brick Distress Ink. I was not brave enough to try and make my own card bases (I know this is not hard, just didn't wanna have to struggle with envelopes.) so I just went with a package of card bases/envies that I had gotten at Michaels. In the meantime, I got some at Hobby Lobby...HL quality is SO MUCH nicer IMHO. But these cards looked great. There is no sentiment inside (most of them anyway) just holiday wishes.

Sorry I've been so neglectful of late but in a seperate post, you'll see why.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)