Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Anniversary to...

Us.
Today we celebrate being married for 13 years. Hard to believe that much time has gone by (ok, some days it's hard to believe that it's only that long LOL). This is not to boast or brag...just wanted to say it to the world (LOL...like the WORLD is following me...). I know that some, even some married people don't believe in soulmates. I also know that some don't believe in love at first sight. I can honestly say from the moment I met A that I knew he was special. I didn't know then that I loved him like I do, but I will say there was a "something" that drew me to him. He became my best friend almost immediately (wether he liked it or not) and we soon became practically inseperable at college. Not a day goes by that I am not happy and proud to be his wife. I always hope that I make him proud of me in all that I do. As I work towards my first scrappy anniversary I marvel at the support he gives to me for my hobby. Time has been a super precious commodity for us for our whole marriage as almost from the start we have had opposite work schedules. The years he went to school as well as worked full time were the hardest in my life because nothing I could do could help him with his insomnia. I was never awake or around at the same time to be there for him. It was the hardest thing we have ever gone through as a couple (so far anyway, as far as being a strain on our marriage). In the end it was so worth it... and I'd do it again any day. He has talked about going back to further his education and I encourage him with all that I am because I know it will only be better for us.

How do you tell someone how much they mean to you? I try to show him in every way that I can. He shows me as well.

When we first started going out he told me he wasn't a flower sending guy. When he does do it, it is always the sweetest surprize and SO SWEET! It's for the little things and days I can truly use a lift. When I need to rant about a day at work or a row with a friend... I just tell him I need him to listen and he does without interrupting or questioning. If I walk up to him and ask for a hug, he just gives it freely. He adores our pets as much as I do. He puts up with all my paranoid questioning about looking fat and crazy obsessions with my mono eyebrow and stray chin hairs which he claims he doesn't see. He respects my opinions even when they don't agree with his. He never gets mad when I have mood swings.He will watch a chick flick with me if I ask. He shares his comics with me. He supports and listens through any family related upset I experience.

But the greatest of these is love. (I Corinthians 13:3)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!!!!!! We love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charity, Yay to your 13 years together. My hubby was an answer to prayer, I remember standing at the center doors looking through into the sanctuary and seeing the back of his head and knowing he was the man I was going to marry. Happy Happies. Joyce

    ReplyDelete

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)